I’m delighted to thank Juliana from the blog, Scribbles of Ju, for nominating my blog for The Liebster Award! I am honored that she would include me in her 11 after only just recently “meeting” me (virtually). Nevertheless, I am excited to pay it forward! I must also mention Elizabeth from Tea & Paper. I am very privileged for the second nomination from Elizabeth! Thanks to both of them!
I had to do a little research on this award before starting this post. From what I understand, it’s a virtual award from one blogger to another; well, actually one blogger to 11 others. It looks like this award may have originated back around 2010? Liebster is a German word that has many meanings: dearest, boyfriend, sweetheart, beloved, et. al.
Now that I’ve been nominated, it is up to me to do the same for 11 others. I’ll link to Juliana’s post here and Elizabeth’s post here, and then answer the 11 questions posed to me and the other chosen nominees. I’ll provide you with 11 facts about myself. I’ll nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers and provide them with my list of 11 questions to answer. Let’s get to it!
11 Facts About Me
- I’m Asian American and proud of it!
- I have a twin brother.
- I am a handbag snob. I love me some Kate Spade.
- I promised my mom I would wear something red every day now that I am 39. She’s not a big fan of that number. I think I could wear something red every day. (It’s been a good excuse to buy more jewelry.)
- I like to keep my shoes in their boxes. Yes, it makes for a crowded closet. Thank goodness for walk-ins with lots of floor space.
- The only type of music I really don’t like listening to is country music. ~shiver~
- My favorite US city is Boston.
- I always have to pack a napkin in my daughter’s lunch box. She still wipes her hands on her clothes.
- I’m guilty of paying for a gym membership that I barely use.
- I’d love to write a book some day. I’d love for that book to be published. It might just happen.
- I would like to hire a housekeeper to clean my bathrooms. I’ll do the rest. I promise.
11 Questions from Juliana
- What is the origin of your name? I believe I was named partially after my mom (her given name is Hsiu – pronounced Sue; hence, Susan) and a grandparent on my dad’s side (Marie).
- Which is the best book you’ve read? I just talked about this in a previous post! (You’ll have to scroll toward the bottom of that post to learn more.) I am in love with Don Quixote.
- Which time of day do you usually write your blog posts? I’m guilty of writing all day. I try to write in the afternoon and evenings, but there are days when all I want to do is read posts and write.
- Which person do you admire? Why? I’d have to say my mom. She emigrated from Taiwan without knowing hardly any English so that she could marry my dad. She left her entire family to be with the man she loved. She slowly learned English, the American way, had two babies while living on an Army base, and became an American citizen. How could I not admire her?! It’s been a long 40 years, but they’re still together. I’d say that love had something to do with it.
- If you could choose to be a character from a Disney movie, what would it be? Why? I think I’ve seen just about every Disney princess movie, so this is a hard question. I guess I would say Belle from Beauty and the Beast. I always come back to this character when I have to answer this question. One, because I love yellow. Two, because for the longest time I had not seen this movie and then I loved it. Three, Belle has brown hair!
- To which place on Earth would you never travel? There are tons of places I’d love to go! I like this question though because it asks where I wouldn’t want to go. The only place I can think of is anywhere in the air in a hot air balloon. I don’t mind flying, but I could never see myself in a hot air balloon!
- How do you imagine yourself in five years? In five years I’d like to have another child, have close to 1,000 followers on my blog, have at least half of a book manuscript done, and be in graduate classes.
- Which song best describes you currently? Are We All We Are by P!nk
- Who is your best companion for a trip? I absolutely love traveling with my husband. He’s my most favorite companion.
- What is the best place to visit in your city? If you’ve never been to The Ohio State University, please go! It’s a beautiful campus with an excellent football team.
- Which season do you like best? I’d have to say that I love summer best. I am not a cold weather girl. I’ll take the scorching temperatures any day of the year!
11 Questions from Elizabeth
- Why do you blog? I’ve always wanted to try my hand at writing. My blog allows me to write, write, write!
- What is the opinion of your family/friends about you blogging? I’m not sure anyone really takes my blogs seriously. My daughter thinks it’s a hindrance when I’m writing. My husband just leaves me alone when I’m typing. I don’t get a lot of feedback on Facebook.
- Which way do you express your creativity? I guess I express it by writing.
- Do you have a journal? Nope, never stuck with me.
- Do you have plans to write a book one day? Absolutely! I would love that.
- What is your favorite book? See question #2 up above in Juliana’s 11 questions.
- Which place would you like to visit? I would like to visit Taiwan again with my mom, my daughter, and my husband.
- Have you participated in online courses? If yes, which was your favorite? I used to work for an online learning company and took several of their online courses. They were mainly software related, such as Photoshop or Excel. The company I currently work for publishes online courses to accompany our college textbooks. I help develop those courses, but I’ve never fully taken one myself. I’d have to say that the ones I’ve enjoyed the most as I was developing them were in the tech trades areas (like automotive, HVAC, electricity).
- What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day? Reading with a hot cup of coffee.
- Do you blog in your free time, or is blogging the priority in your day? See my answer to question #3 up above in Juliana’s 11 questions.
- What advice do you give to those starting to blog? Try to write every day!!
11 Questions for My Liebster Award Bloggers
- What made you start your blog?
- Do you have any blog writing goals? Tell us one.
- Why do you or do you not love the city in which you currently live?
- Have you published anything outside of your blog posts?
- Who is your favorite writer/author?
- Do you have vacation spots that have inspired any of your blog posts?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- Whom do you admire most?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is the one subject you like to blog about most?
And now it’s time for My 11 Liebster Award Nominees!
Congrats to all!!